The main question is – how does exactly work?
The description says it will cast random skills from the hotbar, corresponding to the active runes that you have. But here is the thing and its quite the game changer. As long as you have only one skill that is actually available for cast, that skill will be used three times.
To make things easier we will see a few examples:
- On the tool bar, we have .
- We use three times getting us . As long as we have 12 we will cast That will also proc three 's .
- For a difference, we will channel for a few seconds, having the damage node . This will give us . On cast this will proc three .
- For some skills this can be very mana intensive. You can imagine casting three times, roughly 60 mana, only to trigger , which will proc three more (very spectacular to watch) . Thats roughly 180 more mana plus the 60 from the blizzard.
Now If you get the main idea I just advise you to just tinker and have fun with all of this, but here are a few things that you should know.
Some tips and tricks that you should know (not mandatory for this build):
- Skill that are on cooldown, will not get activated. This can force you to not trigger or .
- As you understood, ice rune will not proc fire and lightning. Skills with double affinities will get procced. So if a fireball has both the Fire and Lightning tag, just using one of those will get it procced. Same rule applies to skills with triple affinities.
- Many skill nodes, will not get activated (or the so called, only on direct casting). As of 0.92 there are quite a few bugs with synergies.
- Casting a 3 rune invocation will get you to 6 runic energy. Aka a 60 skill mana cost will give you 6 runic energy. That means you somehow need 6 more for spell cascade. If you use a gate staff, this can bring you to 9 runic energy.
- Using refund you can go above the runic energy limit. If your limit 36 runic energy, casting teleport static 200 mana will bring you to 56.
- Almost all skills can be procced this way.Not travelling or channeling. This does include and .
- Triple cast , can get you to 180 mana.
- For you can actually be a rune caster, not needing attack speed.
- Some skills are useless this way, , You would think you could trigger its explosion 3 times, but its just clunky. casted this way seems fairly useless too.
- Having two active skills on the hotbar is viable too. I tried mana strike and static orb. Interestingly enough the trigger rate on 2 skills is fairly even. Almost always I get 1 mana strike 1 static orb and then either one of the two. You do occasionally get triple mana strike or triple orb. So the RNG can be wild, but overall its even.
Now lets get back to the build.
Here is how our hot bar looks like .
to move around. It it also your *huge boss AoE incoming button*.
Each node is important here. Mana regeneration, by using . Note you absolutely have to take This skill node essentially doubles your mana regeneration from .
We use to get that sweet -40% mana cost on and also +40% damage on . Because static is insta cast skill, it can be used while using .
will give us -35% damage taken, but only if we have gear for it. Even with 3 points, its -21% which is still pretty good.
Make sure to not go into negative mana, this can be easy to do. The mana you receive is not *mana regen*. Instead you get big chunks of 80 mana each second(which is quite a lot, consider you can go only up to around 35 mana regen with a full gear) As a good rule having 220 -240 mana is enough for casting static and runic invocation. Even if you do go into negative mana, casting focus will fix this. Disintegrate gives us Goh runes.
Usual node distribution. You play with 100 charges. 125 charges is viable too. Main node here is the . This will get +20 spell damage on your next skill, which happen to be It is fairly good, because of . Static will get you above 12 runic energy. Most of the time on solo boss, 14 runic energy(unfortunately the discount from lowers your runic energy, but its still worth it).
After static, you use which will get you, 70% of two and also three procs of that is our only spell that can be casted (static is on cooldown) Note that you actually need to aim the . It's easy on big bosses. That will instantly get you to 100 charges of static and then you just repeat the cycle.
Its there to cause crits and give armour shred . will make sure overall you get 15 projectiles, on each crit you get plus the , is going to almost insta give you 100 charges, with static charges per second will help too.